This position has a strong knowledge in reviewing, updating and approving label copy and designs to ensure information is accurate, meets customer requirements and is compliant with government regulations and TreeHouse policy. This person will collaboratively work across functions and is expected to communicate with all functional groups on matters relating to product labeling and compliance.
· Collaborates cross functionally with Legal, Regulatory, Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Quality Assurance, Food Safety, Purchasing, plants and others to leverage regulations, support positions and ensure compliance in the marketplace.
· Responsible for the development of label copy which includes product name, weight statement, ingredient statement, allergen declaration, nutrition facts panel and claims which meet government requirements and standard of identities.
· Approval of label artwork upon review, ensuring compliance to all applicable USDA, FDA, CFIA regulations along with other requirements and approved statements. Support review of labels and printed packaging by Regulatory and Legal Counsel. Track label development and artwork reviews.
· Ensure accuracy in the development of the Label Copy and support of all product claims, and that information for use in labeling is accurate and properly presented.
· Provides input on improving and maintaining labeling systems and processes to help with consistency and agility, including maintenance updates of database systems
· Review, update and maintain accurate ingredient information from vendor documentation and/or alternate resources.
· Submits requests and processes USDA/FSIS & CFIA label approvals, temporary approvals and extensions for U.S. and/or Canadian products.
· Provide internal and external customer’s technical support. Respond to customer inquiries regarding questions on claims, nutrition and ingredients.
· Responsible for generating, reviewing and entering customer required product information into forms, surveys and databases, as required.
· Participate in cross-functional activities to improve process efficiency and drive standardization across categories.
Qualifications and Requirements:
· Five years of food industry labeling experience
· Strong working knowledge of FDA, USDA and/or CFIA label regulations and documentation requirements, preferred
· Strong analytical and organizational skills
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to research regulatory issues and provide recommendations for resolution
· Must be detail oriented, a self-starter, independent and resourceful
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, required
Application deadline: 2020-07-03
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $63,000.00-$68,000.00 per year
- Casual Dress
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- RRSP Match
- Store Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Care
- food industry and labeling: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19