We're looking for a goal-oriented, driven, and hungry Account Executive to connect the growing audiences of The Coast with local businesses looking for local marketing and advertising solutions. We're looking for someone with a strong background in sales and business development with a keen understanding of digital media and the importance of community news.
This is a contract or full time opportunity to be a part of a local media organization that’s dedicated to supporting the growth and expanding the reach of news brands whose purpose is connecting audiences with their communities.
If you love the special blend of people, culture, and business in local communities, this is the perfect role for you.
This is a remote position, working in Atlantic Time.
- You have strong B2B sales or business development experience, preferably in Halifax.
- You have deep knowledge of digital marketing and the ability to craft smart strategies for clients.
- You have a track record of negotiating and closing deals.
- You have the ability to think on the fly and work in a fast-paced, always changing environment.
- You're able to interface with clients both remotely and face-to-face.
- You know how to use CRM tools (we use Hubspot), Google Suite, and Slack.
- You bring an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to be a self-starter, are self-motivated, and are not afraid of challenges.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills, are really well organized, and are great at managing your time.
- You have proven customer service experience – people love you.
- You have an eye for detail and quality control.
- You have a passion for creating partnerships and helping local businesses grow.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to:
- Create and build relationships with local and regional brand partners.
- Unearth new sales opportunities through networking and turn them into long-term partnerships (AKA outbound sales).
- Produce and deliver compelling presentations and media plans.
- Compile and analyze data to find trends.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording, tracking, and reporting of sales activities and customer/competitive information through the CRM.
- Work with internal team to develop sales and marketing strategies.
- Manage all aspects of the sales cycle, including lead generation, proposal and presentation, contract negotiation, and closing.
- Work with a creative and highly motivated team to support the business as a whole.
Perks of working with us:
- Ultimate flexibility. You work on your time.
- Growth trajectory. Succeed in the role and you can make it as big as you want.
- Impact. What we do has meaning and generates deep connection. You'll see the results of your work almost instantly.
Overstory Media Group is an independent media company that delivers high-quality journalism and storytelling to the communities we’re in. At Overstory our goal is to empower communities – connected by geography, industry, or interest – with information delivered by the people within them. We do this by identifying journalists, creators, and existing brands who share in this belief and provide tools, resources, and financial support to help them create in their communities.
Today we have over a dozen community brands across Canada under our umbrella, including Capital Daily, The Georgia Straight, Vancouver Tech Journal, and Fraser Valley Current.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Our mission as a company is to provide an equal opportunity that caters to inclusion and diversity within the workplace and extend our services within the community as a brand. We recognize and value individual differences and are committed to upholding this value to mirror the diversity within our country.
We encourage you to apply even if you don't have every single aspect of the job description. We value grit and intelligence and know that skills can be acquired.
We thank you for your application in advance! Please note you will only be contacted in the event that your application is selected to move forward.