A leader in trailer rental, leasing, and maintenance solutions, Trailcon Leasing is currently hiring Licensed Trailer Technicians (Mobile) for our location in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Available Shift: Monday - Friday
Why Should You Work for Us?
- Comprehensive Benefits 100% Company Paid (Medical, Dental, Vision, Health, AD&D, STD/LTD, Life Insurance) - FROM DAY 1!!!
- Above average industry wage rates
- RRSP program
- Great work life balance
- Performance Bonus Paid out quarterly
- Safety Boot Allowance/Tool Allowance
- Weekend and over-time work available
- Family environment and company culture
- 3 weeks vacation, 5 wellness days
- Signing Bonus - $5,000
What you will do as a Trailer Technician:
- Inspect, diagnose, and repair electrical systems; landing gear assemblies and trailer frames; hitching/coupling systems; trailer bodies; suspensions systems; tires, wheels, hubs, and axles; air and auxiliary systems; braking systems; heating and refrigeration systems as well as ventilation devices and hydraulic systems
- Use hand tools and various specialized diagnostic equipment to diagnose, isolate and repair faults
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with the supervisor
- Perform scheduled maintenance service and test repaired systems
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, customers, and service managers
- Keeping up to date on technology and upgrading skills as required
- Accurately entering and updating information through the maintenance tablet in the Maintenance software system
- Obtain and maintain all required skills and certifications related to the trade
- Reefer components – preventative maintenance/rebuild
- Transport Trailer Technician/Heavy Duty Technician (licensed), Welding Fabricating, Electrical, Mechanical experience preferred, Reefer experience,
- Must be able to work independently and engage in a team atmosphere
- Organized and self-motivated worker with great attention to detail
- A clean drivers abstract
- Ability to lift heavy parts up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams, training documents and complete repair procedures in accordance with Ministry of Transportation repair requirements
Please Note: Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.
Trailcon is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $38.00 per hour
Supplemental pay types:
- Transport Trailer Technician/Heavy Duty Technician license (required)
Work Location: In person