*At SCI our people make us even better, which is why we want you to be a part of our fast growing organization. SCI recognizes that having a great team is the key to success, which is why we attract and retain the right people with an employee experience that focuses on building trust, embracing change, and achieving our goals together. Any one of our 3000 industry experts will tell you that we take on some of Canada’s toughest service and logistic challenges in specialized transportation, technical services, and supply chain management. For 30 years, our proficient planning and flexible solutions have brought us top tier clients. With clear focus, operational excellence, and future growth at the core of our operation, we apply out-of-the-box thinking to deliver exceptional experiences that take our clients to the next level. Are you ready for your next challenge?
The Director of Total Rewards and Corporate HR Services will be a valuable member in contributing to SCI’s future. Supporting the Vice-President of Human Resources, this individual will be accountable for several key verticals within Total Rewards, including Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, Pension, HR Systems, HR Audits, HR Legislation, and Projects. In this role, responsibilities will include ensuring the team completes the bi-weekly payroll in a timely and accurate manner, and that all legislative remittances are made on time to Government authorities. This role is also responsible for helping to maintain internal pay equity at all levels, and that all compensation, benefits and pension related activities are in compliance with SCI’s policies and guidelines and relevant legislation nationally. Furthermore, this role will work closely with all HR Business Partners and Operations teams in the field and with the Pension Actuaries and Custodian on all Pension related matters. The successful candidate for this position will also support the VP of HR on all projects related to HR and will help prepare quarterly presentations to the Canada Post HR Board. Lastly, as a member of our core team, the right person for the role will be a leading example of our culture.
What success looks like:
- Your business partners are excited to collaborate with you! You support one another as a team and work together, leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- You are depended on to see your commitments through and with good intentions.
- The duties and tasks supported by your role continuously improve with increased quality and fast speed to market.
- Lead the Corporate HR Services team on all Payroll, Benefits, Compensation, HRIS, Pension, and HR Audits.
- Ensure Payroll completion and legislative compliance.
- Manage the compensation structure, pay grades and scales.
- Prepare and execute SCI’s incentive payouts.
- Manage the Defined Benefits and Defined Contribution Pension Plans in close conjunction with the Pension Actuaries and Custodian.
- Support the Manager of HRIS to ensure all requirements for SAP HR and Kronos are accommodated in a timely manner.
- Lead and manage HR projects related to continuous improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of current legislation as it pertains to HR law, and ensure that policies and procedures are created to reflect new legislation.
What you bring to the role:
- Degree or CHRP preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is an asset.
- Strong business acumen and knowledge of business concepts, including strategy development and financial analysis.
- You build and lead dynamic teams who are able to deliver under pressure and with competing and/or changing priorities.
- You stay current within the industry and provide sound recommendations that support the company’s growth.
- Exhibit reasonable and practical intuition through a methodical application of business strategy.
- Accurately forecast budget allocations, project plans, and scope of deliverables.
- When making decisions, you consider everyone and engage those who can add value to the process.
- You are adaptable in your approach and prioritize with focus on what adds value to the client.
- Knowledge of SAP and advanced computer skills.
Who you are:
- You have the courage to think differently about how things get done to continuously improve and deliver even better results every day.
- The safety, health, and well-being of yourself and your team, is your first priority.
- Providing exceptional service is your passion.
- You uphold your commitments and make decisions with everyone in mind.
- You are energized by collaborating in a team environment, and enjoy supporting others to find success.
- You embrace new things, are open to different perspectives, and adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- Strong leader capable of motivating and energizing team members in a high pressure, dynamic environment.
- You are able to foster accountability and ownership towards goal setting and targets within your team.
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels in an organization.
- You demonstrate resourcefulness to cope with uncertainty and lead confidently through organizational change.
- You are ambitious to achieve and enable others to deliver operational excellence.
- You are known for your excellent oral and written communication skills.
Working at SCI:
First and foremost, at SCI, we are committed to creating a safe and healthy work environment, which is why we support our people with programs that serve the health and wellness of everyone. We also recognize that business moves quickly, and we strongly believe that success in our fast-paced environment is defined by the achievements of all our employees. We pride ourselves in the collaborative approach we apply to our work, and with a flat organizational structure, each employee at SCI is empowered to make a difference every day. Our people find success through their desire to discover new strengths, learn new skills, and gain unique experiences. With a balanced compensation portfolio, we encourage our people to lead with agility and strive for excellence.
SCI is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Human Resources Management: 10 years (Preferred)