The Sales Associate is responsible for assisting the Manager with the efficient and effective management of the entire storage facility. This includes ensuring that sales targets are met, improving the commercial performance of the company by exploiting opportunities to maximize profitability, increase customer satisfaction and ensure continued business growth. As well as ensuring that Company policies and procedures are being maintained and followed by all personnel.
Typical work activities
Typical work activities can be classified into the following categories:
Sales and Marketing:
- Promoting and selling of Apple SelfStorage products and services to inquiring customers, this includes handling customers over the phone or in person, and implementing approved sales techniques;
- Following up with prospects consistently to explore every opportunity to rent storage space;
- Being close to where the industry is going and monitoring what local competitors are doing;
- Overseeing inventory levels and making key decisions relating to the constant demands of inventory control and management to ensure availability of products;
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met;
- Responding to customers’ complaints and comments;
Payments and Accounts Receivables:
- Process payment transactions and complete banking activities as per approved procedures;
- Collection of rent on due dates and following approved policies and procedures to recover any amounts owing from delinquent customers;
Building Inspection and Maintenance:
- Daily site and building inspection to ensure cleanliness, safety and security standards are met;
- Take preventative measures to ensure maintenance of the building and report any visible damages.
Safety and Security:
- Monitoring activities on site during business hours to ensure safety and security of patrons;
- Responding to emergency and alarm calls after business hours. The assistant manager is second on the security call list;
- Assist the manager in ensuring that reports are accurate, complete and delivered on time as per the Site Reporting Checklist.
- Report any unusual or irregular items to the Site Manager.
- Assist manager in organizing documents and keeping records that might be required for Site Audit purposes.
- Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 is required as a condition of employment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Covid protocol and procedure followed
- sales: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)