HR Project Partners is currently accepting resumes for a Project Manager on behalf of one of our Clients. HR Project Partners Inc. is currently accepting resumes from interested candidates with a Bachelor of Engineering and Professional Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of project management experience. The ideal applicant would have 8-10 years’ experience in mining or heavy industry (i.e. oil and gas, construction, etc.).
This position is located in Labrador City, NL. Relocation is required for non-local applicants.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Project Manager with the Engineering team, you will manage a portfolio of capital projects while applying best practices to safely lead a team. Working in a matrix organization, your typical project team consist of engineering, construction, PMO, Procurements, Operations, Maintenance, Business Evaluation, your portfolio consists of mainly brownfield projects ranging from infrastructure, to debottlenecking, to modernization.
Your diverse portfolio will help you to continue to develop your Project Management skills as you plan and
deliver projects from initiation to completion all while safely managing resources, project delivery, changes and risks. You will further hone your already keen communication and stakeholder management skills
You will report to one of the Project Delivery Managers for either our Processing or Mining Operations. As a Project Manager, you will:
- Lead and coach multi-disciplinary teams to safety and efficiently deliver your project portfolio;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of capital project processes, practices and tools;
- Contribute to communities of practice to support the evolution of consistent good practices;
- Assist with applying discipline governance and quality assurance across capital projects;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive a culture of partnership and improvement;
- Actively promote standardized processes, systems and tools;
- Provide technical support and direction to project
Education and Experience Requirements:
They are looking for Project Managers with:
- Minimum of 5 years of proven project management experience;
- Bachelor of Engineering and Professional Engineer Designation;
- Experience in leading a team;
- 8 to 10 years’ experience in mining or heavy industry (i.e.: oil and gas, construction, );
- Demonstrated communication and influencing skills to gain commitment from your team, customers, and key stakeholders to successfully deliver on your
Knowledge, Skills, & Attributes:
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently with little direction;
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to forecast, analyze and work under pressure;
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Possess Project Management Professional (PMP) or a related certification;
- Language: Bilingual in English and French or have some fluency in both languages. English is required for the role.
HR Project Partners Inc. (HRPP) is a Human Resources consulting company offering various services in Human Resources, both to individuals and to companies. One of those services is recruitment for companies on a provincial and national basis.
While HR Project Partners appreciates all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent