AGRICULTURAL OR HEAVY-DUTY SERVICE TECHNICIAN
The strength of Webb's Machinery is a testament to four generations of family ownership over 88 years, carefully nurturing and expanding the company with a continual focus on providing exceptional customer service. This dedication is achieved by the hard work of their committed and loyal employees who also believe that providing outstanding customer service is the right way to run a business and stand by the idea that "when it's the right thing to do, you can count on us to do the right thing!"
Webb's Machinery is a six store New Holland dealership with locations in Vermilion, Vegreville, Lamont, Wainwright, St. Paul and Consort, AB. We specialize in agricultural equipment sales and service, and we are currently looking for a AGRICULTURAL OR HEAVY DUTY SERVICE TECHNICIAN to join our team at our LAMONT location. Our values are deeply rooted in providing the best customer service in the industry. Our culture embraces teamwork, continuous improvement, accountability, community and safety. Our competitive wages, comprehensive benefits and dynamic work environment provide our team with the support they need to do their best work.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for diligently maintaining, repairing, and servicing of Customer and Dealership equipment to ensure both customer satisfaction and safety while contributing to overall departmental success. A key priority for a Service Technician is to strengthen brand loyalty and ensure a positive customer service experience.
If you would like to apply for this position or obtain more information, please contact Miles Mackow (General Manager) at our Lamont location. Miles can be contacted in person (preferred), by phone (780) 895-2389 or by replying to this ad with a cover letter and resume.
- Perform work as described on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with the manufacturer standards.
- Diagnose the cause of equipment malfunctions and recommend/perform appropriate repairs.
- Inspect equipment to identify necessary repair or maintenance items that may not be included on the repair order and communicate to Service Manager, Shop Foreman or Service Advisor.
- Communicate with the Parts Department/ Service Manager or Service Adviser to obtain needed parts.
- Clearly and accurately document all work performed.
- Attend and successfully complete factory training as required by the manufacturers.
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Follow warranty material disposition procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Attend company functions and meetings when requested
- Customer relationship skills including listening and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Good math skills.
- Results oriented and accountable.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Able to demonstrate quality service and high-volume success.
- Adaptable to weekend shifts as scheduled.
- Can lift in excess of 50 lbs, repeatedly throughout a shift
Education & Experience
- Journeyman Certification preferred.
- One year of apprenticeship required.
- Minimum Grade 12 High School Diploma.
- A fundamental understanding of equipment mechanical fundamentals.
- A fundamental understanding of local farming practices.