Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the annual budget preparation and quarterly forecasting processes in close partnership with key stakeholders, department managers (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow) including running various scenarios as required to evaluate the overall impact on earnings, liquidity, and covenants on group of companies.
- Working with the CFO, develop, implement and manage reporting tools including segmented reporting, value stream, operational management reporting and project reporting.
- Analyze and provide financial information to support department managers in understanding financial results.
- Prepare quarterly MD&A and financial reports for presentation to the Board of Directors and Senior Management Team and Shareholders.
- Develop and maintain project reporting for ongoing Research and Development activities, SRED projects and other operational projects/new products and the related tax implications.
- Support and drive certain grant and funding applications or reporting requirements (NRC-IRAP) or other similar funding as it relates to ongoing and new projects.
- Be point of first contact for development team in assessment and analysis of new products, new markets and financial impacts to business.
- Working with the CFO, maintain the capital and cash flow budgeting and forecasting for group of companies.
- Recommending improvements to financial planning and analysis processes.
- Assisting in financial modeling and development of scenario planning.
- Produce regular reports for banks and other regulatory bodies as required.
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration, Accounting or related field with 4-8 years of experience in Financial Analysis.
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred.
- Previous project management experience considered an asset.
- Use of Business Intelligence Software, Power BI and Tableau considered an asset.
- Experience working with an ERP system and a financial planning system.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced, high growth environment.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
Welcome to VMAC. We are a diverse but unified group of people who challenge the status quo to deliver innovative mobile compressed air products and technology. Together, we do incredible work, and we’re looking for talented, industrious people to join our award-winning team.
Founded in 1986, VMAC is the leader in compressed air innovation, designing and manufacturing the most innovative mobile air compressors and multi-power systems available. We do this all within our 44,000-square-foot facility in Nanaimo, BC. VMAC’s products are sold globally through a dealer network of over 300 partners.
VMAC is a LEAN manufacturing organization with a focus on continuous improvement and workplace safety. We’re an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 certified organization. In addition, the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC recently awarded us the Safety Pinnacle Sapphire Award for continued leadership commitment to workplace health and safety excellence. A multi award-winning organization, VMAC has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Best Workplaces in Canada ™, and is Great Place To Work Certified ™.
We offer a diverse range of exciting career opportunities, including electrical and mechanical engineering, assembly, sales and marketing, supply chain, and management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $52,800.50-$93,901.55 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nanaimo, BC V9X 1R3: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (preferred)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (preferred)
Work Location: In person