The Medical Office Assistant (MOA) position provides administrative support to the clinic and doctors at ACT Medical Centres. This position is responsible for providing the required clinical support to ensure that safe, efficient and quality patient care is administered during patient visits. The position will report directly to the Clinic Manager. This position is open to applicants willing to relocate.
Duties include, but are not limited to, providing general clerical and clinic support such as:
- Answer the phones, confirming or scheduling new and follow-up patient appointments, via telephone, text and/or letter mail-outs to patients
- Faxing patient prescriptions to pharmacies
- Faxing, mailing and/or scanning letters or patient information into the electronic medical record (EMR)
- Patient registration
- Receiving incoming referrals and scheduling patients for their clinic appointments, tests, procedures and/or surgery
- Liaising with other health care professionals to ensure continuity of care and ensuring coordination of appointments
- Preparing patients for examination and providing physician support during patient clinic visits while ensuring necessary follow-up is completed for all patients attending the clinic setting
- Processing physician orders
- Certificate pertaining to Medical Office Assistant or Medical Transcriptionist is considered a strong asset.
- An understanding of the clerical and administrative support needs of patients required.
- Experience with Accuro is a strong asset. Experience with other electronic medical records (EMRs) may be considered.
- Up to two years of recent experience within a healthcare organization (medical office or hospital setting).
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office including but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook e-mail and Calendar.
- Demonstration of excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure to meet timelines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team setting displaying flexibility and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with multiple, sometimes competing demands, while maintaining a strong focus on work tasks and required follow-up.
- The successful candidate requires the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate findings in a concise and accurate manner.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- EMR (Accuro, Wolf, or Similar): 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- MOA/Unit Clerk (Preferred)