The Mill Technician is responsible for operating the feed mill under the direction of the Mill Manager and the Feed Department.
· Operate feed mill - ensure grain is received, milled, and shipped within specified requirements and on time.
· Maintain feed quality, including ensuring proper particle size, mycotoxin testing, etc.
· Ensuring feed is made to required specifications
· Keeping the mill clean and organized
· Minor repairs and maintenance
· Timely response to emergency & alarm call-outs
· Understand and comply with all Biosecurity protocols
· Order supplies as required
· Pest control
· Follow all safety protocols
· Other duties as assigned
· Mill/mechanical experience an asset
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Effective time management with a clear focus to attain results
· Attention to detail
· Understanding of hog production an asset
· Valid class 5 driver’s license
Please note: the employer does not have a LMIA to support a foreign worker, you must be legally able to work in Canada to apply for this position.
Job Type: Full-time