The ideal candidate will possess a passion for hospitality and clear desire to advance their career through the Front Office and Guest Service operation. They will Assists the Guest Service Manager in the day-to-day guest service operation, such as guest registration, bell services, telephone services, night audit, and reservations to ensure guest satisfaction and maximize hotel profitability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In addition to the duties and responsibilities of a Guest Service Agent, the Team Lead will also:
- Acting as MOD (Manager on Duty) in the absence of the Guest Service Manager.
- Assists in Guest Service Manager with the training of all new Guest Services team members; as well as providing ongoing training to the Guest Service, with regards to new and updated Procedures or Best Practices.
- Responds quickly to guest requests, complaints, and feedback in a friendly manner, ensuring that appropriate action is taken, and always following up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Assisting the Guest Service Manager in the daily maintenance of room inventory, Out of Order Rooms, and rate strategy in order achieve optimal levels of revenue while maintaining highest levels of guest expectation.
- Being pro-active, and always looking for an opportunity to exceed the guest expectations while leading the team by example; Never walk past a pillow out of place or piece of paper on the ground instead of taking the time to make it right
- Other duties as assigned by the Guest Service or General Manager.
- Ability to Speak, Read, and Write in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Computer/Typing skills
- Knowledge of city including local restaurants and attractions.
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Will be required to work in fast paced, stressful environment.
- A minimum of two years Guest Services experience in a medium to large sized hotel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers team members without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Our Company has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for team members with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please let us know. This ensures that the appropriate accommodations are in place before a candidate begins employment with us.
Only candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- Front Desk: 2 years (Required)
- Hotel: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)