Maintenance Mechanic - Industrial Millwright - Night shift from 10 pm to 6:30 a.m.
Job vacancy with safe work environment and group benefits ( dental and standard benefits ). Shoes allowance upto $ 250 per calendar year and tools allowance upto $ 400 per calendar year. Uniforms with arc rated provided. Yearly safety trainings provided as well.
Candidate should have the following abilities:
- A good understanding of the mechanical and electrical components of equipments used in the bakeshop and packaging departments (i.e. flow wrappers, metal detectors, etc.)
- Knowledge of shop tools (i.e. milling machines, lathes, grinders, drilling machines, welding )
- Troubleshooting, fixing mechanical problems, Set up of equipment in an efficient manner.
- Performing major and minor adjustments to equipment in a reasonable timeframe.
- Performing all maintenance on plant equipment in a safe manner, ensure equipment and machines are clean and in good working order, follow GMP
- Completion and submission of appropriate reports.
- Maintain a variety of mechanical equipment both corrective and preventative maintenance.
- Perform equipment / system improvements as well as research and test new equipment, complete all maintenance record keeping and ensure all related information is available.
- Provide emergency response as first responder and verifier
- Participate in the performance management process to keep work activities focused on company strategic objectives.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience with mechanical, electrical; including set-up, adjustments and troubleshooting
- Exceptional attendance record, ability to pay attention to small details.
- Flexible to move between shifts to meet department requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills, in English
- Excellent work safety record on the technical side
- Complete all other duties as instructed and assigned by Supervisor and Manager.
The company hereby notifies the public of the availability of accommodation during the recruitment process as required by the IAS.
- Notification to the Public & External Applicant: Accommodation during Recruitment
This Accessibility plan posted will serve as notice to the public of the availability of accommodation during the recruitment process.
- Notification: Accommodation during Assessment & Selection
The company employs different assessment and selection processes depending on the position for which it is hiring. Assessment and selection process may include but is not limited to standard interviews and skills tests. Where an applicant is individually selected to participate in any assessment or selection process, the company notifies the applicant of the availability of accommodation upon request in respect of same.
Where, by reason of a disability, an applicant requests accommodation in respect of an assessment or selection process, the company will consult with the applicant for the purposes of determining an appropriate accommodation. Where the company determines an applicant, due to a disability, does require accommodation during the assessment and selection process, the company will provide accommodation and provide or arrange for the provision of a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs up to the point of undue hardship.
- Notice to Successful Applicants
The company would like to notify that after making offers of employment, it advises about its policies on accommodating employees with disabilities.
- Informing Employees of Supports
The company will inform employees about its policies on supporting employees with disabilities, including the availability of accommodation, as well as its policies for the development of documented individual accommodation plans and return to work plans.
The company would like to inform its job applicants and current existing employees of its policies on accommodating employees with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30.97 to $31.57 /hour
- Maintenance Mechanic local: 3 years (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)
- Industrial Millwright (Required)