From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
Our Baristas personally connect with, laugh with and uplift the lives of our customers. Their work goes beyond handcrafting a perfectly made beverage; it’s about creating a human connection with every customer. They enjoy being able to achieve these aspirations autonomously, while representing a world class brand and the perks that come from being a partner at Starbucks! We have part time and full time opportunities in our retail stores.
Are you ready to?
Be part of something bigger!!
This job is for YOU, if you have:
- Ability to create a genuine moment of connection with our customers - making a difference in their day by discovering and responding to customer needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Willingness to learn - using a mix of online learning, classroom training and hands on mentorship you’ll learn how to prepare food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients.
- Availability to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Openness to getting the job done and helping your team in a dynamic retail environment.
- NOTE: No previous experience required
Some of the Perks from working at Starbucks
- Comprehensive training (including coffee knowledge!)
- Coffee or Tea “Markout” is a pound of coffee or box of tea or Kcups each week
- Discounts with local and national retailers (cell phones, gym memberships, entertainment tickets, hotels, etc.)
- Flexible work schedules (20hrs. week/ Can flex with school schedules)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision for part-time employees
- RRSP Matching and Stock options for all Partners
- Employee discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise
- Great long term career opportunities in management
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.25-$15.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Stock options
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Why Starbucks? Why would you like to be a part of this community?
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)