Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Workplace Health and Safety department.
Reporting to the Manager, Client Services, and as per direction from the Client Services Coordinator the Service Technician I, Helpdesk Representative will be the initial point of contact for the H.I.T.S Department customers providing level 1 triage and troubleshooting for Incidents and Service Requests. The expectation of this role will be to focus on customer experience providing basic step by step troubleshoot process that can be followed by the customer to resolve basic issues. For all other issues, detailed documentation will be placed in a ticket for escalation to Level 2 desk side support.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Act as Initial contact point for all IT service calls
- Provide Tier 1 support to Customers that call in to the ServiceDesk
- Assist Customers with filling out ServiceDesk tickets
- Triage document and Assign tickets to the appropriate level for support
- Assist in level 2 support when necessary
- Assist in asset and inventory management
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a 2-year Diploma in computer technology or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ Customer Service Experience
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational, prioritization and time-management skills
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- CompTIA A+ certification
- ITIL Foundations
- Experience with O365
- Experience with Jira ServiceDesk
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers