Reporting to the Project Manager/Superintendent, the Electrical Labourer performs all necessary inspections, tests, and maintenance on his assigned territory. The Electrical Labourer may be called on to assist other Maintainers as required. The work is physically demanding and performed outdoors in a field environment, near live track.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain tools and equipment in ready-for-service condition
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Perform special duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Perform general labour tasks as necessary including operating equipment.
- Comply with railway and PNR safe work practices and signal work procedures.
- 1-2 years of field electrical experience
- 3+ years of construction experience
- Willing to Travel
- Experience in Signals & Communications field experience an asset
- Please note this is an entry level position for those that have 1-2 years’ experience.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Work is outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to live track/trains and high voltage.
- Work is safety sensitive and protective equipment is required.
- Travel to work sites is required.
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with PNR RailWorks without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.