POSITION AVAILABLE: Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager
LOCATION: Novotel Toronto North York
ADDRESS: 3 Park Home Avenue Toronto, ON M2N 6L3
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Guest Services Manager, the Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor is responsible to ensure guest satisfaction by dealing with guests in a pleasant, efficiently, courteous, and professional manner, answering any questions and following up on requests and problems promptly. It is also the responsibility of the Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor to efficiently handle any function of the front office from the reception.
If you carry the hospitality gene and passion to delivering and exceptional customer service experience and seeking for an exciting change...this is it. We want to meet you.
***Internal applicants will be considered before external applicants***
- Accurately registers all guests arriving at the hotel in compliance with hotel credit and identification policy.
- Performs credit card verifications; when declined contacts guest for alternative payment arrangements.
- Room block all VIP's, group and special requests.
- Ensures that the VIP list and room service requisitions are accurate and complete, then distributes.
- Operates the front office computer system, posts all guests charges and payments, incurred during the shift and balance shift totals by department to backup documents.
- Prepares guest keys using key envelopes and/or room slips.
- Ensures all guest registration cards and credit cards are correctly completed and filed by room number.
- Checks all credit cards using point-of-sale authorization terminals and cancellation bulletins and obtains authorization for those accounts which have exceeded house floor limits.
- Maintains cashier float as supplied, provides currency exchange for guests and efficiently prepares cash deposit.
- Reports overages and shortages on a daily basis. Responsible to present and/or return float intact upon request.
- Communicates with housekeeping in order to deal with early check-ins, late check-outs, day rooms, unexpected departures, stayovers and room changes.
- Issues and controls safety deposit boxes to guests in accordance with hotel procedures.
- Mails any delayed guest charge receipts.
- Assists with room reservations and switchboard operation when necessary.
- Works to attain the best occupancy and average daily rate possible, assessing the guests and attempting to upsell.
- Negotiates rates within parameters set by the FOM.
- Reports to supervisors any guest complaints or security issues.
- Records and enters all wake-up calls and ensures they are given at the correct time to the correct room.
- Reports any equipment malfunction, emergency situations or suspicious persons to the supervisor.
- Handle all guest inquiry or complaints in an efficiently and reports any guest complaints to supervisor immediately if he/she cannot handle it personally.
- Ensures guest satisfaction.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Hotel Front Desk role preferred
- Knowledge of Opera Reservations system is preferred
- Day, evening and occasional night availability and flexible working hours for a 24-hour establishment
- Strong analytical abilities, detail oriented and able to multitask
- High school or college diploma in Hospitality or Tourism an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel & Microsoft Office
- Bilingual an asset
To apply for this posting please submit a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Vrancor Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
For additional information on our organization, please visit us at www.vrancor.com. Vrancor Hospitality would like to hear from all interested candidates; accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and the duration of employment.
Vrancor Hospitality is committed to accommodating applicants’ needs in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and under the Ontario Human Rights Code throughout the selection process. If you require a disability–related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email us or let the Recruiter know during the screening process.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Secondary School (required)
Work Location: In person