CarebridgeCommunity Support is seeking Casual Residential Night Aides in Smiths Falls and Almonte areas in Developmental Services. We are a multi-service agency with one of our functions being a provider of support services to individuals with intellectual disabilities.
The Night Aide is responsible for the well-being of the residents during the night, ensuring that each receives the proper care required. The Night Aide will also supervise the morning routine until he/she goes off duty.
· Coordinates and supports residents’ activities and residence programs by establishing a good rapport and communicating effectively with all residents, families and friends of residents;
· Making a complete check of each resident periodically, at least every 3 hours, depending on individual needs and/or special circumstances, and providing any required care;
· Responsible for dispensing medication and providing care as needed, and completing accurate documentation as required;
· Being aware of and up to date on medical problems and their precautions, and being able to deal with emergency situations;
· Carrying out required programming, feeding, dressing, assisting residents with personal hygiene routines, including any lifting and bathing routines, when necessary, and ensuring that residents are properly attired for programs being attended or outings;
· Performing regularly scheduled cleaning duties while working night shifts and ensuring that high health standards are maintained;
· Functions as a member of a collaborative team by maintaining open communication with colleagues and Team Leader;
· Report any hazards, hazardous conditions or other concerns related to the health and safety of any person in the workplace to your immediate supervisor or designated person in charge;
· Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education & skill requirement: PSW, DSW, S.S.G.D., SSW or, Mental Health Worker, related post-secondary training or equivalent field related experience is preferred.
- Experience in Community Residential Services and Programming as related to intellectually delayed persons, with knowledge and experience in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- A mature and conscientious individual who is creative and flexible.
- Valid G driver’s license and driver’s abstract are required.
- Valid First Aid Certificate with CPR/AED Level C.
- A Criminal Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector within the last 6 months is required.
If you are interested in being considered for a position, please forward a cover letter and resume, indicating “Casual Night Aide” in your application
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Casual
Salary: $21.31 to $22.52 /hour
- Police Record Check for vulnerable sector (Required)
- First Aid/CPR Level C (Required)