Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world, SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world’s leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world’s top multinationals and one of the world’s most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In Canada, SGS employs over 2,000 team members across 70 locations.
A day in the life of an SGS Grain Grader Level 3:
This position is responsible for grading a variety grain types wheat, oil seeds, and pulses. Provide technical guidance and training for inspectors. Communicate directly with grain elevators to provide guidance/updates on grade issues. Conduct laboratory analysis, grading, and review of data in accordance to the CGC guide.
- Competent in grading all varieties of grains including wheat, oil seeds, and pulses in accordance to the Canadian Grain Guide
- Report grading results in timely manner to the appropriate client(s) for inbound and vessel samples to provide real-time results to the terminals
- Grade and report container/railcar samples and fulfill any admin requests as needed
- Perform lab testing when required (Vomitoxin, Aflatoxin, Ochratoxin, Zearalenon, Fumonasin, Falling number, Wet Gluten, and Gluten Index)
- Clean grain samples using dockage carter/sieves and prepare them for grading in accordance to the CGC guide
- Perform daily protein and scale checks to ensure equipment is properly calibrated
- Able to follow CGSP protocol for sampling, CGC standards for sampling, SGS SOPs, any other client specific specs.
- A minimum of a High School diploma
- Experience as a Grain Grader preferred
- Available to weekends as well as shift rotations (day shift, afternoon shift, and graveyard shift)
- Previous experience in performing preliminary grain inspections and grain grading would be an asset.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow work instructions in a safe, accurate and timely manner.
SGS Canada is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to achieving greater accessibility by providing accommodation for people with disabilities during our hiring process. Accommodations are available on request for qualified candidates during each stage of the recruitment process.
Please note that candidates applying for Canadian job openings should be authorized to work in Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Grain Grading: 2 years (Preferred)