Career Opportunity: Legal Assistant - Conveyancer - First Nations Land
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time Legal Assistant in our Conveyance department.
The successful candidate will have experience and must be able to complete conveyancing transactions involving leasehold interests on reserve land in the First Nations Land Registry, the self Governing First Nations Land Registry, and residential conveyances in the Land Title Office. The applicant will have strong communication skills, will be very detail-oriented and must be highly organized. Responsibilities will also involve interacting with clients by phone and email.
Job Requirements include:
- Preparation of sale, purchase, and mortgage documents for residential conveyancing.
- Correspond with clients, solicitors, conveyancers, mortgage brokers, and real estate agents.
- Dealing with contracts, title reviews, and mortgage payouts.
- Preparing statement of adjustments and reconciliations.
- Checking emails and voicemails for vacation relief and directing to the appropriate assistant and/or lawyer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of a recognized Legal Assistant program is required.
- Proficient in BC Online; e-filing; Citrix.
- 2+ years experience in transactions in the Land Title Office, First Nations Land Registry and Self Governing First Nations Registry.
- Knowledge and understanding of lease agreements.
- High attention to detail.
- A passion for providing superior client service.
- An energetic self-starter who initiates and anticipates needs.
- Ability to work in a team-orientated setting.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experience with programs such as Worldox, EConveyance, HotDocs, and Aderant are an asset.
We reward your commitment and efforts with a competitive Total Compensation program, an annual Bonus program, monthly Wellness credits and personal learning and Professional Development opportunities. We also offer a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended Health and Dental, MSP coverage, a Health Spending Account, and a matching RSP program.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Conveyancing: 2 years (Preferred)