Saskatoon Services for Seniors is looking proficient and conscientious Housekeepers to join our team and participate in our mission of providing home support services older adults (55+), seniors and physically challenged individuals who want to remain in their own homes.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Vacuum rugs and furniture
- Sweep and wash floors
- Dust and general tidying
- Clean stove and/or fridge
- Clean cupboards and closets
- Clean the bathroom: tub, sink, toilet and bath aids
- Preparing light meals
- Sitting with client while spouse/partner attends appointments
Requirements for candidates are:
- Ability to treat and care for seniors and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to communicate with clients in a friendly and congenial manner
- Ability to speak and write English at an average to high adult level
- Ability to lift, push or pull 20 pounds
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach
- Complete a criminal background check and 3 professional references
- Possess a valid driver’s license. Have a reliable vehicle is an asset.
- Be punctual, reliable and honest
We provide a work environment which has:
- Part-Time Shifts can be arranged between 9AM – 6PM weekdays. Shifts range from a minimum of 3 hours, up to 8 hours, according to your availability. We assign consistent days and hours each week to provide continuous care to a client. Must be available to work on Fridays.
- Competitive Pay and Benefits – starting wage is $13.00/hr (with a chance to move up to $15.00/hr after 4 months) plus travel time between clients.
Saskatoon Services for Seniors is a community based not for profit organization established in 1988. We support older adults, seniors and physically challenged individuals’ aging-in-place, by providing affordable services like housekeeping, yard work and other specialized services that correspond to the changing needs of our aging population. You may learn more about our organizations at http://saskatoonservicesforseniors.ca
Please contact Saskatoon Services for Seniors @ 306-668-2762 for further details and inquiries to this job posting.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- housekeeping: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Saskatoon, SK (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- English (Required)