Intermediate Automation Engineer/Technologist
Located in downtown Calgary, Alberta, MAC Engineering is a multi-discipline engineering company comprised of a passionate group of individuals working within a culture of innovation, quality, and success. Our goal is to provide superior services that meet the high standards of MAC Engineering and our clients.
We are looking for an Intermediate Engineer/Technologist interested in joining a fast-paced environment with the ability to work on a wide variety of projects. The successful candidate(s) will have the opportunity to participate in the conception, design and implementation of a variety of complex automation projects including the programming of: PLCs, HMIs, RTUs, and SCADA systems. Main responsibilities
- Work on various stages of automation and control projects including programming and configuration of SCADA hosts, RTUs and PLCs on various platforms.
- Assist project managers and senior personnel in troubleshooting, testing, and commissioning.
- Meet project objectives in a timely manner.
- Be able to facilitate project deliverables that meet client's quality expectations and schedule. Promote the company; it's people and talents.
- Four to 8 years previous experience in automation systems.
- Able to adapt to various situations quickly, while adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills. Able to provide suggestions and solutions for problems as they arise.
- Strong software computer proficiency – Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Advanced communication skills. Able to communicate across all levels of the organization and with a variety of clients.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Degree or Diploma in Electrical, Automation, Instrumentation or Computer Science Engineering/Technology Diploma.
- Working knowledge of VBScript, ACCESS and SQL Server would be considered a definite asset.
Expected start date: 2021-06-07
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19