We are seeking a Junior Buyer to help contribute to our growing Purchasing Team and Company. You will play a key support role to the Raw Materials Buyer – from managing POs to liaising with suppliers and internal stakeholders. You will be responsible for ensuring the various key components and finished products make it to where they need to go on time and cost effectively.
- Assist in the sourcing of raw materials, products, and equipment to fulfill sales orders in a timely manner.
- Assist in managing and maintaining good inventory levels of raw materials and finished product.
- Complete various standard purchasing responsibilities including preparing purchase orders for approval
- Coordinate with Logistics and other departments to ensure goods are moving as intended to meet production and sales requirements.
- Establish good working relationships with all suppliers.
- Support various areas of the broader Purchasing team as required.
- Coverage for various portfolios and tasks while others are on holiday
- Such further and other tasks as may be required from time to time
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12
- Experience in a purchasing and inventory management environment
- Certificate in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) would be considered an asset
- Ambassador for Epicure’s Culture & Values
- Idea developer
- Problem solving
- Solution orientated
- Detail orientation
- Interpersonal skills- Including ability to collaborate
- Communications facility, including ability to understand and be understood in verbal and written English
Please note: This job will be remote to start, however it will require you to be in office 2-3 days a week in the future
Job Type: Full-time