GaN Systems Inc.- Ottawa, ON, Canada
We live in a data and energy driven world increasingly defined by power-reliant industries including data centers, electric vehicles, renewable energy systems, industrial motors, and consumer electronics. These businesses have long faced formidable and universal challenges around energy wasted in power conversion, as well as the size limitations placed on overall product design by the old generation ecosystem of power system components.
Yesterday’s silicon has reached its limits. GaN technology is the clear and undisputed solution for today and tomorrow.
GaN Systems’ approach to a new generation of GaN power transistors is leading an industry-changing shift in both the short-term and ‘near future’ relationship between technology’s power systems and energy–creating significant product and system-wide changes.
This is an exciting career opportunity in the reliability group at GaN Systems for an electronics test and assembly operator, who role it is to perform product testing and assembly of the world’s most advance GaN transistors. This job will allow the individual to grow with the company while expanding their knowledge and learning new hands-on skills.
· As a critical member of the reliability team, the successful candidate will test GaN transistors to check and validate product functionality and conformance to specifications.
· Sign off on job traveler to validate completed operational step
· Ensure traceability of baked components using labels
· Pick devices to and from tape and trays, as well as, pack finished products for shipment
· Clean parts, sockets and PCBs thoroughly
· Find and correct defects
· Solder/de-solder components, such as resistors, transistors, capacitors, integrated circuits, and sockets.
· Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, or soldering
· Document and keep good record of observations, findings, procedures and work instructions
· Two or more years industry related assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
· High School diploma, or equivalent from an accredited institution is preferred
· Able to solder and select appropriate procedures, techniques, tools, and equipment
· Ability to read and write English
· Ability to complete assigned work requests and manage multiple deadlines
· Ability to work well in cross functional teams in a fast-paced collaborative team environment
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Intermediate level
Location: GaN Systems Inc. – Ottawa
Reference ID: Operator - Electronics Test and Assembly
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent