YWG - Ramp Agent - Winnipeg James Richard International Airport
Shift : Part Time
Main accountabilities include:
- Comfortably and continuously lift/move 70 lbs. of cargo and baggage on and off aircraft and transport it between aircraft, airport terminals and air cargo facilities.
- Performs aircraft Marshalling and Wing Walking
- Ensures safe operation and proper handling of passenger baggage, freight and mail
- Frequent bending, stretching push/pulling, stacking and kneeling in small confined locations.
- Operate motorized equipment including but not limited to belt loaders, tow tractors, baggage tractors, tow bars, ASU, GPU, vans, dollies, air stairs, loader
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
- Ensure tasks are performed in accordance with Company and Airline specific procedures and policies.
- Required to attend the mandatory training imposed by the Company and Airlines as per job role.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Must have a valid Aeronautical Radio License (ROC-A)
- Must be able to pass and maintain the D AVOP issued by the GTAA (both written & practical)
- Prior Tow experience preferable
- Minimum 6 months’ ramp experience mandatory
- Must be able to push, pull lift up to 70lbs when required.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English proficiently.
- Must have a valid Provincial driver’s license G or G2 with good driving record.
- Must be able to meet and maintain the security level required for this position.
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays if required.
- Work is done primarily outdoors. Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions, work is primarily outdoors.
- Reliability, our customer and your fellow employees rely on you
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.87 /hour
- Secondary School (Required)
- Provincial Driver's license (Required)