· To apply please go to: https://go.cultureindex.com/p/aGdvFAgPmE
· Attach a copy of your resume to the completed survey and indicate the position applying for
- As part of our software engineering team, you will work on developing world class embedded software applications that runs on embedded processor, giving you the exposure to these exciting areas. You will bring on board the knowledge of the following.
· Foundational software development process and life-cycle
· Software development of a complex and multi-layer system
· Developing and deploying embedded software
· Debugging and fixing existing software issues
· Understanding of color theory, enabling for libraries for color mixing and a deep understanding of the characteristics of LED’s
· Knowledge of lighting design technologies, including DMX, Art-net, RDM and sCAN
· Proficient in real-time operating systems, in CMSIS RTOS API (RTX), bare metal programming, implementing state machines, and employing design patterns
· Your activities may require you work with embedded hardware and associated SDKs
You will be working closely with the research and development engineering team to design, implement and test new software features. We use a variety of technologies: DMX, ArtNet, RDM, sACN, with C & C++ being the most common for the current software development.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
· Minimum of 4 years software development experience in embedded systems, in R&D environment.
· Programming experience in one or more of C, C++, J-LINK, Ubuntu, Java, Python.
· Using tools including Keil MDK, STM32Cube, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscope, DMX Workshop and Git Kraken.
We offer competitive compensation packages including benefits such as:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
· Developing embedded software for microcontrollers (NXP, STM, Microchip preferred)
· Working experience with Arduino, STM, Keil.
· Developing embedded software for Raspberry Pi platforms.
· Showing a good understanding of advanced embedded networking protocols, e.g., Ethernet, TCP/IP.
· Showing a good understanding of common embedded communication protocols e.g. I2C, SPI, UART, RS-485.
· Implementing multi-tasking for microcontrollers using Free-RTOS for embedded applications.
· Writing code in C/C++ (C mostly), proficiently.
· Ability to read electrical schematics.
· Knowledge of analog and digital electronics.
· Must have advanced troubleshooting skills.
· Following through projects from the concept to pre-production.
· Working with Git, to update and improve the existing code base.
· Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions.
· Interest and familiarity with embedded microcontroller architecture and embedded software development
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Desire and ability to take the initiative and drive for results while being nimble in your approach
Spectrum Manufacturing Inc. is a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity for all indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers and persons with disabilities and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted or alternatively you may contact Human Resources.
For more information, visit www.spectrummfg.net- Location: 565 Orwell Street, Mississauga. 416-252-5955
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for software development and a desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$95,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5A 2W4: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-23