Provides housekeeping, dining room, and support services for Sunnyside Home residents within a multi-disciplinary, resident-focused team environment. Subject to constant interruptions from staff and residents for special requests.
Uses personal protective equipment and exercises precautions to mitigate risks associated with working around/with infectious disease (including during outbreaks); dust; dirt; odours from garbage, food and human waste; and cleaners.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read and understand policies, procedures, and instructions (e.g., resident diet plans, resident information, work assignments, safety notices, material safety data sheets, product labels); and basic writing and math skills, normally acquired through a Grade 12 education, and knowledge of safe food handling practice acquired through a current Safe Food Handling Certificate, and related experience working in a health care, long term care setting.
- Knowledge of Regional and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
- Knowledge of feeding techniques and awareness of choking symptoms/responses.
- Knowledge of the proper operation and use of equipment related to the job duties, familiarity with cleaning and infection control procedures, and knowledge of the use and handling of chemical cleaners.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to respond pleasantly and professionally to demands; communicate effectively with staff, residents, and families; interact appropriately with and have a basic understanding of the geriatric population; and participate as an effective team member.
- Organizational, time management, and problem solving skills to work independently, adhere to schedules, prioritize tasks and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to read and follow instructions for menus, diet profiles, policy and procedure manuals, communication logs, work assignment sheets, cleaning products, and prepare beverages. Ability to follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Ability to write weekly housekeeping supply orders and maintenance request forms, and record information in checklists and logs.
- Ability to work shifts, weekend hours, and statutory holidays, as scheduled.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (level 3).
- Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Aug 31, 2020 quoting competition number 2020-1423.