IIEP is Hiring English Storytellers
Integrator International Education and Publishing Ltd (IIEP) is hiring English Storyteller for Chinese preschoolers aged 3 to 7 years.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree
We are looking for individuals who have experiences in the art of English storytelling for preschoolers aged 3 to 7 years. The program aims at promoting early literacy in a fun atmosphere and safe environment that encourages a love of reading and lifelong learning for Chinese children.
- The candidate must have a relevant university degree.
- The candidate will be telling English stories to Chinese parents and children via pre-recorded videos.
- Experience as a storyteller to Preschool Family Storytime in Canadian public libraries will be an advantage.
- Members of the Storytellers of Canada will be a plus.
- Video shooting experience is preferred.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities for the storyteller position:
- Reproduce the story in the form of video;
- Engage parents and children with picture books, interactive activities, songs, fingerplays, puppets, rhymes, flannel board stories, simple crafts and circle games.
- Provide parents with information, handmade toys and effective tools to entertain, comfort, observe and interact with their children.
- Compile supplementary teaching materials.
Integrator International Education and Publishing Ltd (IIEP) is a Vancouver-based corporation that develops customized curricula for Chinese K12 students.
Job Type: Contract
- story telling: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Vancouver, BC (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)