Staples is offering an exciting new bilingual (English/French) position for an individual with a graphic design and customer service background! We are looking for someone who can utilize their design knowledge to creatively drive sales and to provide world-class customer service to our clients.
If this sounds like you, then look no further for your next career move!
In this position you will…
The On-line Graphic Design Consultant will create custom designs for invitations, flyers, banners, business cards, logos etc for small business and other Staples Copy and Print clientele. The Consultants will assist clients through an interactive web-camera medium allowing them to support multiple stores across Canada.The On-line Graphic Design Consultant will provide unique, creative solutions to meet customer needs while being responsible for driving sales and building repeat business for services.
Types of projects you will be involved in include…
1. Consult with Customers (90%)
- Engage with new and repeat customers ensuring a solid understanding of design and product needs. Build and maintain relationships to ensure repeat business for Copy and Print centre and/or by individual Design Consultant.
- Provide custom design solutions to meet and/or exceed customer needs. Employ solution selling to maximize service and/or product orders requested by the customer and identify cross selling opportunities if appropriate.
- Answer customer questions on services and products (i.e. paper stock, stamps etc) and work to overcome any concerns.
- Provide on-line design solutions for customers with small to medium scope requests. Provide off-line design solutions for larger, more complex design jobs. Follow up with customers off-line as required to discuss proofs, drafts etc.
- Provide design solutions to Copy and Print store staff that have received design requests from customers directly.
2. Order Administration (10%)
- Re-create artwork requirements to meet customer requests.
- Proof larger, more complex orders to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Develop design for more complex orders.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
- Ability to work rotating shifts (current 9 hr shift time range from 8 a.m. start time to 11 p.m. end times)
- Ability to sit for long periods of time using computer.
- Office, call centre environment, working over web-camera for the majority of shift.
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience.
- Bilingual (English/French): Read, Write, and speak in both French & English
- Post Secondary education with a degree or diploma in graphic design.
- Strong working knowledge or design software (Adobe Creative Suite, CorelDraw X3).
- Strong grasp of colour theory, typography print production and principles of design.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong selling skills.
- Candidate may be required to work on ad-hoc assignments / special projects as needed.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Job Inside Sales
Other Locations CA-New Brunswick, CA-Manitoba, CA-ON-Toronto, CA-Nova Scotia, CA-Quebec, CA-QC-Laval
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.