Welcome to Mindable!
The team at Mindable believes that small, empowered, self-motivated teams can do big things. We're looking for a Web Designer to help us continue to deliver exceptional user experiences, supporting digital marketing initiatives such as building sales funnels and landing pages, as well as promoting design guidelines and best practices with our in house Design team.
Who are we and what do we do?
Our digital publishing business focuses heavily on content and products in the self-discovery and personal transformation space, with over 20 product lines serving in excess of 142 countries, with topics including meditation, chakra, reiki, mindset, astrology, numerology - just to name a few.
We’re a passionate team of unique individuals who, through innovation, outside the box thinking, and constant testing, continually redefine what is possible.
We are - first and foremost - a team, and collectively we’ve worked to take a tech start-up out of the basement into a 7,000 square foot Google-inspired workspace and onto Deloitte’s top 50 fastest growing tech Companies in Canada (ranked #14 in 2015). We’re looking for someone to add their uniqueness to our team - and make us stronger because of it.
Want more info on who we really are? Check us out here: www.mindable.com
About the Position
Structured, methodical and excellent with time management? Looking for a change or fresh out of school?
Sound like you? Great!
The successful candidate will be regularly working on formatting content-heavy projects, so attention to detail and the ability to understand web design concepts in terms of making sales funnels and landing pages user-friendly and optimized for our customers is very important.
We are looking for a meticulous Web Designer who takes a mobile-first approach and commits to a high level of detail in their work. You must have a good foundation of web concepts and a good sense of how the web works in this capacity.
- Excellent organizational, and oral/written communication skills
- Can think creatively, strategically, logically and have attention to detail
- Motivated, with a positive attitude and an adaptable, creative mindset
- Excellent communication and English language skills: spelling, grammar, etc.
- Must have (and be able to demonstrate) 1+ years' experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and XD
- Understanding of mobile-first web design, and best practices within brand guidelines
- 1 years' experience with audio, video and photo editing
- 1 years’ experience in UX Design & best practices
- 1-2 years’ previous digital marketing experience preferred
- Demonstrates an understanding of best design practices and fundamental design principles
- Ability to demonstrate strong time management skills
- Ability to both create new designs for web pages and work with existing templates or design systems for a site
- Online digital marketing or digital publishing experience is preferred
- Previous experience working with an outsourced team will be considered an asset
- Bachelor’s degree, certificate, or diploma from a design-related program (i.e. Digital Design, Digital Marketing, Web Design)
- 1+ years of website design experience
Other info you need to know:
- Position is full time, available to start immediately
- Flex Hours are 8 am to 4 pm or 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday
- Creative sanctuary / office is located in Sherwood Park
- Health Benefits, included after probation period
- Monthly book club for the entire in-house team
- Personal development funding is available, with travel being an option
If you think this is the right position for you, and want to be a part of Mindable’s mission and team, send us your resume*,detailed cover letter* and your portfolio* to give us a good idea of who you are and why we need you on our team. Help us get to know you and give us an idea of how you will fit in with the team.
Note: This is an in-house position, if you do not live in the Edmonton region your resume will not be reviewed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Website Design: 1 year (Required)
- Digital Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- English (Required)