Convergint is currently recruiting for a Purchasing Administrator to join our growing team in our Ottawa location for a 6 month contract term. As the Purchasing Administrator, you will provide support to Supply Chain Specialists, Supervisor, and Managers to effectively purchase product, supplies and equipment based on price, service, quality and warranty to ensure uninterrupted and timely supply of product to the Convergint Technology Centre warehouses Canada wide. This role has an emphasis on timely completion of all tasks in support of the Convergint Materials Management Program and motivation in building effective business relationships with vendors and customers alike.
Who You Are
You have a passion for providing world-class service to customers, colleagues and communities. You are a person of integrity with a commitment to growth, accountability and delivering results. You want to join an organization with a positive culture that embraces inclusion and allows everyone to be the best version of themselves at work and home. You want to grow with us and deliver results as an exceptional Purchasing Administrator.
Who We Are
With 20-years of proven growth and exceptional performance, our mission is to be our customer’s best service provider. We realize the importance of diversity in achieving that goal. Our company was built upon a solid foundation of 10 Values and Beliefs which drive our unmatched culture, making us the #1 global, serviced-based systems integrator in the industry. We take great pride in protecting the lives and assets of our customers and their communities with the solutions we provide.
What you’ll do with “Our Training and Your Experience”
- Support Supply Chain Specialists and Supervisor/Manager with generation of Purchase Orders as required, including preparation of documentation for our invoice approval process.
- Assist with the tracking of orders ensuring product will be arriving as confirmed by our vendors.
- Administer credit, returns and repair processes including preparation of required documentation, identification of suppliers, and generation of purchase orders, update and maintenance of spreadsheet tracking charges and follow up on vendor credits where applicable.
- Provide accurate coding of freight and brokerage invoices and work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure timely payment of freight invoices.
- Generate various reports such as, Spend Analysis, Cost Management, Supplier Development and Performance Improvement, and Purchase Order Management reports. These reports are to be measured against established KPI’s by area Supervisor/Managers.
- Process credit card payments of fines, and business licenses as required.
- Assist with resolving any vendor invoice issues by working closely with the Accounts Payable Department. This will include but not limited to PO revisions and vendor account issues.
- Support Area Managers with obtaining documentation for the timely coding of credit card statements.
- Monitor Open PO Report and work with vendors to reconcile statements and obtain invoices for payment as required.
- Provide support to physical location warehouse as required.
- Acts as “our customer’s best service provider” at all times thereby ensuring Convergint is the customer’s first choice for service.
What You’ll Need
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong Excel and Word software skills
- Good Outlook skills including email, meeting requests and tasks creation.
- Proficiency in financial software specifically related to purchase order entry and accounts payable and inventory management.
- Good financial knowledge and skills—ability to understand basic financials such as accounts receivable/payable, purchase orders, work orders, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, work processes, department structure, environment and technology in a dynamic work environment.
- Good analytical skills necessary to resolve problems and look for solutions.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Strong ability to demonstrate independence, resourcefulness and tenacity.
- Shows initiative – regularly engages in proactive behavior and looks for opportunities.
- Ability to facilitate a collaborative working environment for customers and team members.
- Diploma and/or certificate in Customer Service, Business Administration or Purchasing, or related experience required.
- Minimum of one-year of previous purchasing/buyer experience is preferred.
- Minimum of one-year freight forwarding and logistics working experience preferred.
- Minimum of two years customer service experience preferred.
- SCMP designation an asset.
- Bilingualism is considered an asset (English/French)
Company Benefits and Perks
Convergint fosters a supportive, accessible, and inclusive environment in which individuals of different backgrounds and identities are able to realize their maximum potential within the company. We offer a variety of programs and exceptional benefits to all of our colleagues:
- Company Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Fun & Laughter Day Off
- Immediate comprehensive benefit plan (medical, dental, etc.)
- Employer contribution to RRSP;
- Work environment committed to safety;
- Colleague Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Competitive salary and compensation plan
- Corporate Social Responsibility Day
- And much more…
Convergint is committed to a culture of Inclusion and Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
- supply chain/purchasing: 2 years (required)