The Prism Lighting Group™ is an award-winning leader in innovative lighting solutions designed specifically to help our clients excel in the Exhibit/Event/Retail industry. With unique designs, comprehensive catalogues and expert deployment strategies, exhibit illumination is our specialty. Our dedicated team of professionals has decades of Exhibit/Event/Retail lighting experience which allows us to offer on-site or remote expertise and logistical support to help our customers standout through collaborative planning, design, fabrication, and installation.
We’re looking for a talented Field Lighting Technician to join our Brampton, ON team.
· Are a hands-on Lighting Technician who enjoys the private industry culture.
· Like to work independently, as a team member, and as a team leader.
· Thrive on anticipating, analyzing, diagnosing and resolving technical problems.
· Can tackle a broad scope of responsibilities that requires strong problem-solving skills, excellent manual dexterity, and great attention to detail.
· Enjoy travel and fluid work hours based upon project schedules.
Within this position, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of technical tasks and create lighting for unique projects large and small. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to soldering, splicing and assembling various components; testing prototypes, components and lighting equipment; repairing and installing lighting components and equipment in the field.
These responsibilities are carried out independently and as part of a strong collaborative cross-functional team and, as with all other positions at Prism, with a customer service excellence mindset.
Your Qualifications and Education
· Technical College Diploma in electrical or electronics engineering technology, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
· Electrical and electronic equipment and systems skills
· 3-5 years soldering experience and AC/DC electrical applications
· Experience with lighting installations/ working in the field
· Strong work ethic and excellent time management skills
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Ability to lift packages up to 50lbs
· Technology proficiency (MS Office and Cloud Based Applications)
· Own vehicle, valid driver’s licence, valid Canadian passport, ability to travel in North America
Additional Preferred Skills (Not required):
· 3-5 years experience in the lighting industry
· Experience with DMX programming, RGB color changing or light programming considered a major asset
· Pixel Mapping
· Lighting controllers
· Working at Heights certification
Reference ID: FLT-0001
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Monday to Friday
- Soldering: 3 years (Required)
- Lighting Industry: 3 years (Preferred)
- DMX Programming: 3 years (Preferred)