NRB Inc. - Horizon North Logistics, located in Grimsby, Ontario, an industry leader in innovative modular construction, is seeking a Construction Estimator. We are looking for a dynamic “out of the box” thinker to join our winning team, and we can offer the right employee a high-energy and rewarding work environment in an exciting, and rapidly growing industry.
Who you are:
You are a seasoned self-motivated team player who can take on the challenges of a busy, fast-paced work environment while meeting critical deadlines. You can analyse and interpret drawings, specifications, bid documents and contract/commercial conditions for the preparation of estimates, and outline scopes of work. You can complete bid documents, as required, in support of the Sales Department. You have excellent communication skills, Excel spreadsheet capabilities and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other team members, contractors, suppliers, customers and design professionals.
- Minimum 8 years experience in construction estimating, preferably in a general contracting environment.
- Relevant construction related degree or diploma.
- Understanding of Part 3 Ontario Building Code.
- Ability to read and interpret complex project specifications, tender documents and drawings.
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word and other estimating software tools.
- Excellent oral, written communication and mathematical skills.
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manipulate, monitor and manage Excel cost database.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE:
This position requires you work closely with the Sales Department, as well as Design, Purchasing and Project Management. Functions also include finding and building relationships with multi-discipline sub-trades. In addition you are responsible to:
- Liaison with Sales, Design, Purchasing and Project Management departments.
- Building relationships with multi-discipline trade contractors.
- Review and interpret all project files, tender documents and specifications to confirm compliance or identify qualifications.
- Prepare files for contractors and suppliers.
- Meet bid closing deadlines.
- Prepare estimates using Excel spreadsheets, Bluebeam and Microsoft Project..
- Assist with design, pricing and proposal strategies in support of the submission.
- Maintain and update historical data spreadsheets to aid in budgetary pricing.
- Prepare qualifications, scope of work or other documents in support of the intent of the proposal.
- Identify long lead time items.
- Research alternate trades and source suppliers as needed.
- Work with NRB's customized CRM program.
Benefits include Group Health, Dental, Life, a HCSA, Employee EAP, RRSP matching plan, Wellness plan, and flexible working hours.
If you think you have the qualities we're seeking, please submit your resume to the email address above.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
NRB has taken every precaution to ensure the safety of our staff, including limited entry to our facilities, regular sanitization of our facility, COVID screening and appropriate PPE where physical distancing is difficult.
- Construction Estimating: 8 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19