Kumon is the world’s largest after-school math and reading enrichment program and one of the most established franchise businesses in the world — with more than 300,000 students enrolled and more than 1,500 individually owned and operated Kumon Math and Reading Centers in the U.S. and Canada alone.
The Toronto Beaches Kumon Centre is growing and looking for a positive and encouraging individual to help foster the best understanding of math skills to the children in our community. Curriculum and materials are predetermined for each student based on the student's strengths and future instructional goals. All Instructors and assistants are expected to apply the Kumon specific teaching method which is learned through required training.
Our goal is to foster growth and change in all of the students we teach by building their confidence and self-esteem as they master their skills and experience a true LOVE FOR MATH.
Duration of contract: One year contract with ideal possibility of extension.
PART-TIME POSITION: Monday, Tuesday and Friday 3:15 – 6:45pm
- Ability to teach math at any and all levels. Our curriculum runs from Elementary to beyond HS Calculus.
- Help and teach students via the Kumon Method.
- Work and operate as part of a Team Teaching environment where collaboration and communication between all team members ensures that every student have their needs addressed.
- Engage in a growth mindset where the building of students' confidence and self-esteem is gained through positive reinforcement and motivation.
- Mark and assist with correcting students work through thoughtful positive and constructive feedback.
- Assist in non-learning tasks as required for the smooth flow of the centre.
What YOU bring to the Team:
- You LOVE MATH!!!
- You are currently pursuing or have recently completed a Bachelor's degree.
- You have previous relevant experience teaching/engaging with children grade K-12.
- You feel comfortable jumping from different levels in math and do so seamlessly.
- You are willing to learn and apply the Kumon Method while assisting our students
- You possess the ability to quickly and effectively engage with students in a way which is clear and concise. You inspire them to succeed all while establishing a fun and stress-free learning environment.
- You a comfortable with writing a math proficiency test to assess any prospective applicants.
- Certified teachers, early childhood educators, university students and graduates are encouraged to apply.
JOIN OUR TEAM!!! WE’D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!!
“MUST READ” BEFORE APPLYING
As a condition of employment consideration:
- Past and current work performance references will be obtained from your employer(s)
- Reference and Police Security Check
- o Applicants will be required to provide an original criminal record check at their own expense prior to commencing work with The Toronto Beaches Kumon Centre.
o The criminal record check document must have been issued no more than six (6) months prior to first day of employment.
o Criminal record checks can be obtained by attending your local police department (please be aware that pricing and processing time will vary by location)
o Or by using an online platform provided by a third-party supplier like Sterling Talent Solutions: https://www.sterlingtalentsolutions.ca. (completed online and results are returned usually within one business day)
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- You must be completely fluent in English both writing and speaking skills
- Expectation of 1 yr minimum commitment
- Available Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays from 3:15 – 6:45pm
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- tutoring: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)