We are currently looking to add member(s) to our Production team at Maple Lodge Hatcheries Ltd. Curtis Chicks Division. We are a hatchery, which produces and ships day old chicks. As such, our business runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with various functions throughout the hatchery. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Working on an agricultural line handling chicks and/or eggs
- Transferring eggs from incubators to hatchers
- Repetitive bending, lifting and turning
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Any other duties as needed
Shifts vary depending on job. These start times may vary from 5:25am – 1:00pm.
The Production Worker position starts at $17.50 dollars an hour with a wage increase to $18.50 per hour after 6 months of employment depending on performance. If required to work the transfer shift we offer a $1.00 premium per hour and if required to work the night shift we offer a $1.00 premium per hour. We also offer full benefits starting at 3 months of employment and overtime paid after 44 hours of work.
This position also provides potential to take on a Step-up supervisor role at which time you would receive the supervisor wage for the hours you worked as the supervisor.
Please Note: This position would not be suitable for people with allergies/asthma due to large accumulations of fluff and debris in our processes.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Extra PPE put in place where social distancing is not possible, Everyone who is to enter the building must be wearing a mask/face shield.
Covid screening in place when employees/visitors enter building .
- Do you Own any Live feathered Foul at home or do you regularly come into contact with Feathered Foul? (Chicken's or Turkeys)
- Are you Comfortable working in a hot/humid environment (80f or 27c) with up to 80% Humidity?
- Are you able to lift up to 50 pounds on a repetitive basis?