The Office Administrator is responsible for administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate office operations. The Office Administrator is responsible for accounts payable functions including data entry, vendor inquiries, filing and reconciling statements. The Office Administrator is also responsible for answering incoming calls quickly and efficiently and directing callers to their destination.
· Perform accounts payable duties, including entering, monitoring and maintaining accurate vendor account balances within the company financial system. Entry and reconciliation of monthly credit card statements.
· Create and maintain an efficient filing system for all accounts payable documents.
· Perform accounts receivable tasks including invoice follow up, collection, post customer payments by recording cash and checks, process and post credit card transactions.
· Prepare and make bank deposits
· Review quotation submissions from Estimators, edit and submit to customers.
· Assist staff in maintaining files and databases which includes electronic job and quotation folders.
· Schedules appointments and meetings for executives and upper level staff.
· Coordinate travel arrangements for staff and managers.
· Perform all reception duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
· Answer incoming calls quickly and efficiently and directing callers to their destination.
· Maintain and order office supplies for the office. Ensure adequate supplies of office stationery and general office and cleaning supplies. Monitor service level agreements with office maintenance service providers and notify supervisor if issues.
· Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with customers, suppliers, visitors, enquirers and relevant staff and interpret and respond clearly and effectively to spoken requests over the phone or in person and to verbal or written instructions.
· Coordinates inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence that are office related. Assists shipper/receiver with courier services that are customer/job specific.
- Assists in planning and arranging events, including organizing catering.
· Provide administrative assistance to others as approved by supervisor.
· Other duties as assigned.
- GED or university degree in office administration, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of direct work experience in an office administration position.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items.
- Strong knowledge of Sage Accounting or related Financial system software packages.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
- Able to maintain filing systems, databases, and basic diary/minutes management.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good business awareness.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate with all levels of the organization and its executive team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- administrative: 5 years (Preferred)
- Smiths Falls, ON (Required)