Position: Human Resources Representative
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Location: Toronto, ON
Postmedia is Canada leading media publication company and has been at the forefront of the digital space, representing some of the country’s oldest and best known media brands. With a team of award-winning journalists, innovative product developers, and talented digital marketing professionals, we strive to bring engaging content to millions of people every day whenever, wherever and however they want it. This exceptional breadth of content, reach and scope offer advertisers and marketers compelling digital solutions to effectively reach target audiences.
At Postmedia, we value open communication between our employees and managers. Our mission is to ensure that our employees have the abilities and aspirations to meet business requirements in alignment with our company values. To support the continuous growth of our Postmedia expansion, we are always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our fast growing team!
We currently have an opportunity for a bright, enthusiastic professional Human Resources Representative with superior communication skills, the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, demanding environment and a desire to contribute through project work. As the successful incumbent, you will consult with internal teams, advocating on behalf of your clients and candidates. A key focus of this role is recruiting permanent, contract, and contract-to-hire talent, working across disciplines, focusing largely on roles within media and technology. Highly proficient in candidate generation and sourcing, and be able to deliver quality talent with minimal lead time. This role is ideal for a process-oriented individual that is able to manage a high volume across multiple geographies without sacrificing candidate experience. This is a full time opportunity, ideally for someone with advertising/media background looking for a challenging and rewarding position
What you’ll do:
- Serve as the first point of contact and resolution on employee inquiries;
- Coordinate all new and eligible employee company benefits: enrolment, status changes, validation and questions/queries;
- Ensure all salary related issues are provided to payroll accurately, with appropriate authorization, within defined deadlines;
- Track, adjust and monitor employment status changes (ie. retirements coordination, leaves, disability claims, workers’ safety insurance, etc.);
- Track, analyze and report on employee attendance, vacation, turnover, trends, etc.
- Source and screen qualified candidates;
- Provide excellent candidate and new hire onboarding experience
- Effectively maintain the applicant tracking system and ensure recruitment statistics, analysis, and metrics are accurate; identify trends and make recommendations for continuous improvement;
- Manage candidates seamlessly through the interview process; set expectations, provide thoughtful feedback, negotiate and close offers;
- As part of the HR team, you will participate and even own a wide variety of projects, programs and initiatives.
Who you are:
- College or University education with a focus on Human Resources ideally with a recognized human resources designation and a minimum of 2-4 year work experience in a human resources position;
- Full working knowledge of employment legislation;
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative and managing projects independently;
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with discretion;
- Professional and effective oral and written communication skills;
- Organized and process oriented approach to recruitment and onboarding;
- Successful track record recruiting and filling technical roles;
- Sincere desire to work in a fast paced environment;
- Strong business acumen with a proven ability to build strong working relationships;
- Proactive contributor and experience working within a team environment;
- Highly proficient in Excel, Word and MS Office
Should you be interested in this opportunity please apply with a cover letter and resume.
Application Deadline: December 11, 2019
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Human Resources: 2 years (Preferred)