Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketing and distributing food products, equipment and supplies to restaurants, healthcare and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other customers who prepare meals away from home. We have a forty-year history of consistent success and now serve over 400,000 customers, delivering approximately 1.3 billion cases yearly. (NYSE: SYY)
Sysco, one of Canada’s Best Employers 2019, as listed by Forbes, is dedicated to our global corporate social responsibility goals and to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Join our winning team.
For more information, visit www.sysco.ca or follow us @SyscoCanada at facebook.com/SyscoCanada; twitter.com/SyscoCanada or instagram.com/SyscoCanada
For a full list of opportunities, visit www.sysco.ca/careers
The purpose of the job is to provide a full range of support to our Merchandising and Sales teams and Suppliers providing reconciliations, audits, and analysis of various information and systems.
- Compile and analyze financial information for the Merchandising team and its Suppliers
- Track and collect receivables
- Reconcile vendor information going to our operating companies
- Reconcile, audit, and maintenance of vendor agreement set up
- Process and posting Corporate Finance weekly EFT batches
- Identify process improvements, develop action plans, and work together with IT, the Operating Company and others toward a resolution
- Create reporting
- Provide backup for other Financial Analysts positions
- Conduct special projects as required
- Other duties and/or projects as required
Core Qualities for all Associates:
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Business Administration, with completion of an accredited Accounting course
- Minimum three (3+) years job related experience in an accounting related role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel (Expert level), Outlook, Impromptu, AS400, Internet applications
- Exceptional mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within the Sysco organization
- Excellent time management, problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be extremely detail and deadline oriented, a fast learner, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
Sysco’s Leadership Framework Basics
Integrity & Accountability
Flexibility & Adaptability
Internal candidates apply via the Career Centre on your HR Portal / ADP Workforce Now. External candidates submit cover letter & resume via www.sysco.ca/careers
Sysco’s Mission is to market and deliver great products to our customers with exceptional service.
Sysco’s Vision is to be our customers’ most valued and trusted business partner.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds expectations.
Sysco is committed to Employment Equity. Accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request for candidates with disabilities.
Here’s a sample of the many benefits Sysco associates enjoy:
Comprehensive Flexible Benefits including Health and Dental, Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts • Short-Term and Long-Term Disability • Life Insurance • Company Pension Plan • Group RRSP • Employee and Family Assistance • Stock Purchase Plan • Unlimited on-line learning through Sysco Interactive University • Sysco product discounts • Preferred vendor discounts • Free on-site parking • Employee appreciation events •
(*benefits may vary based on location or bargaining unit)