At Hollyburn, we empower growth and inspire change and we’re looking for people to join our team who want to do the same. If this sounds like you, read on. We want you with us!
You are a positive energetic role model who has a passion and skill for providing support, care and can act as a mentor in supporting the personal growth for our clients with special needs and autism spectrum disorders. You want to make a difference in the lives of people we support and play an integral role in supporting their successful achievements.
We are looking for a Full-Time In-Home Behaviour Support Worker (24-hour shifts) for one of our Residential Respite programs in Richmond serving children/youth with Autism. This line is Wednesday-Friday, 24-hour shifts (3 days on, 4 days off).
- High School diploma minimum. Post-secondary education in ECE, ABA, Psychology or related field a plus.
- Experience working with children and youth with developmental disabilities or autism
- Demonstrated experience dealing with children and youth with severe behavioural challenges and mental health issues
- Strong and confident demeanor
- Ability to work with aggressive clients
- Unrestricted Class 5 BC Driver’s License
- Criminal records check and ability to pass Ministry of Children and Family Development consolidated check
- Clear and concise communication, both written and verbal
- Availability to work 24-hour shifts, Wed-Fri
You’ll score more points if you have:
- First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certificates
- Can take initiative to solve problems, manage escalated situations, and work within a team setting to maintain a safe environment for the client and the team
- Knowledge of supportive strategies, needs and risk assessment
- Knowledge of therapeutic approaches
- Good understanding of crisis management
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Building positive working relationships with the client, family and professionals involved in the care team
- Facilitating recreational and/or educational activities
- Maintaining the house by doing housework, grocery shopping, assisting with daily chores
- Encouraging and modeling acceptable social standards and set and maintain appropriate limits.
- Engaging in frequent interaction with client, using appropriate means of communication
Our Therapeutic Homes are equipped to practice discrete trial therapy and have sensory integration rooms to promote self-regulation.
PLEASE NOTE: This application includes a phone screen to help us expedite our screening process. Please assist us in learning more about you by completing the phone screen. You have a better chance of being invited to a video interview if you complete the phone screen.
Because we know our team is our heart and our most important asset:
We offer extensive training opportunities to all employees. We support professional development and advancement within our every growing organization. Our salaries are competitive and our benefits package for full-time employees includes 100% employer premium paid BC Medical, extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance, wellness days and sick leave. Employees are responsible for paying their Long Term Disability premiums. After a six-month probationary period, our employees become eligible for our Registered Retirement Savings Plan where Hollyburn matches contributions up to 3% of gross salary.
If you’re still reading this and are as excited to join us as we are excited that you read this whole posting, then do not delay! Send your resume and complete the Indeed assessment , telling us why you are the perfect person to join this full-time line.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $43,680.00-$48,880.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- working with children/youth with special needs: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with children/youth with autism: 1 year (Preferred)
- Available to work 24-hour shifts, Wednesday-Friday (Required)
- Valid proof of ability to legally work in Canada (Required)
- BC Unrestricted Class 5 Driver's License (Required)
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Training (Preferred)