The CT technical aide position supports the operation of the CT area by assisting the technologists and nurses in organizing the flow of patients and information through the CT area. The technical aide is responsible for entering all inpatient, emergenc y and emergency outpatient CT requests into the Cerner Enterprise Scheduling Module in accordance with the information required for the MOHLTC Wait Time Information System.
- Minimum high school graduate or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Typing – minimum 25 wpm.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Minimum one year previous experience working in a Diagnostic Imaging Department.
- Ability to work as a member of a team using excellent interperson al skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be self-directed and show initiative.
- Demonstrated flexibility in dealing with competing demands and tasks i n an efficient manner.
- Ability to identify situations requiring intervention from health care staff.
- Understand universal precautions (infection control).
- Promote and ensure a healthy and safe working environment.
- Medical terminology pref erred.
- PACS experience preferred.
- Experience with Cerner Radnet preferred.
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agree to work within t he legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and p rocedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH's policies and practices.