As the world’s number one distributor of heating, plumbing, industrial, and waterworks supplies, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future.
Wolseley Canada provides an environment where employees can take their skills, talents, experience and interests to the next level to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
Wolseley Canada offers many challenging and diverse career opportunities in our local branch networks and throughout our Regional and Corporate offices across Canada.
We are driven to achieve results, collaborate with each other to determine the best course of action, hold ourselves accountable at all times and demonstrate resilience when new challenges come our way.
Does this sound like you? Do you want to make a difference and grow your career? If so, then come join our talented and high performing team.
Position Overview :
Wolseley Canada is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Counter Sales Associate. If you have familiarity and experience in plumbing and/or HVAC/R materials, are committed to driving sales and have a commitment to great customer service, this is the position for you!
- Assesses the requirements of the job.
- Ensures stock availability as scheduled.
- Completes the order process which includes offering pricing terms according to established margins; souring of additional products; and generating sales orders.
- He/she is also responsible for preparing small order quotes on urgent contracting jobs.
- Offers product knowledge to customers.
- Performs necessary product research in catalogues and on internet.
- Offers alternative stock or non-stock items depending on specifications.
- Processes orders to completion and verifies with a generated computer ticket to ensure acceptance of the order.
- Confirms details of delivery according to scheduled times and commitment dates.
- Verifies all items are available for the customer as scheduled and obtains stocking information off the system to determine causes for discrepancies.
- Notifies Sales Representative or the Purchasing department of low stock or errors in the inventory count.
- A minimum of two (2) years or more related experience in the industry
- A valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract is required.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
- Fluency in both French and English would be an asset.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Life insurance, disability and wellness programs
- Retirement savings programs including RRSP and DC pension with up to 5.25% employer contribution
- Paid vacation and sick time, and day off on your birthday!
- Bonus programs that include annual performance and profit sharing
- Education reimbursement for employees
- Employee referral program
- Safety shoe reimbursement
- Employee discount program
Wolseley Canada is the leading wholesale distributor to plumbing, HVAC/R, waterworks and industrial markets in the country.
Wolseley Canada is part of Ferguson PLC –the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products, leading supplier of waterworks, industrial and building materials. Our customers include professional contractors, retailers and industrial users. We have a network of more than 220 branches coast-to-coast, about 2,400 associates and a national team of sales and service specialists. We are known for our knowledge, dependability and expertise, which our customers have come to rely on for their ever-changing needs. Our continued growth as an industry leader depends on hiring the best talent and Wolseley Canada is committed to supporting the successes and development of our associates.
We are an employer of choice through our:
- Career development and training opportunities
- Sustainable profitability and long-term growth strategy
- Commitment to excellence in serving all customers
- Company values – we act with integrity, drive for results and value our people
- Culture that challenges the status quo, seeks innovation and new opportunities
- Competitive benefits and discounts on top brands of plumbing and HVAC/R products
- Recognition of the importance of sustainable living; as such we are committed to supporting sustainable products for the preservation of our natural resources
- National sponsorship of Special Olympics Canada
- Proud supporter of Habitat for Humanity
Wolseley provides the essential safety supplies needed to keep our locations operational and our associates productive. To protect the health and safety of our associates and customers, we have modified our normal operating policies in response to COVID-19.
Each resume submitted gets individually reviewed by our team and retained for 24 months in case a great opportunity opens for you to join our Wolseley family.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations