Prepares and portions residents’ meals in dining rooms, per residents’ dietary profiles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of reading, writing, math, food preparation skills, and safe food handling practices, acquired through a Grade 12 education, completion/enrollment in a food services program (e.g., food service worker certificate, cook certificate, food and nutrition diploma), current Safe Food Handling Certificate, plus related experience (or equivalent combination of education/ certification and experience).
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of Regional and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to respond pleasantly and professionally to demands; interact with staff, residents, and families and have a basic understanding of the geriatric population; and participate as an effective team member.
- Organizational, time management, and problem solving skills to work independently, adhere to schedules, prioritize tasks and complete work in a timely manner.
- Ability to make accurate mental calculations (e.g., portion sizes, number of dishes, preparing beverages).
- Ability to read and understand policies, procedures, and instructions (e.g., resident diet profiles, work assignments, product labels, menus and menu modifications, temperature charts). Ability to complete forms, requisitions, temperature checklists, and record information in the communication log book.
- Ability to work shifts, weekend hours, and statutory holidays, as scheduled.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (level 3).
- Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
Please apply online, by the closing date Jun 21, 2020 quoting competition number 2020-1469.