Our client is a Toronto-based private investment management company that specializes in the development of real estate properties of exceptional quality in Canada. Their unique expertise incorporates a wealth of services from acquiring development sites, deal underwriting and structuring to all aspects of development including land use approvals, project design, sales, marketing, construction management and project financing.
Our client self-performs the construction of multi-unit residential projects within the GTA.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for managing and overall execution of suite build out including but not limited to all finishing details, deficiency correction and handover to customer care.
- Assist with managing the build out and completion of all common areas.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all site workers, visitors and area residents
- Ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety Manual and the Site-Specific Health and Safety Manuals
- Ensure full compliance with the Occupation Health and Safety Act and applicable regulations and industry standards as well as the Ministry of Labour and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board reporting requirements.
- As a member of the Project Site Team, your duties include assisting the senior site superintendent on-site construction activities on a daily basis
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and project is executed effectively and within budget
- Strategically plans and implements manpower levels and material quantities; ensures proper equipment and trades are available as required
- Assumes a leadership role and provides guidance to some project team members in order to contribute to their development and career growth.
- Contribute to the development of a construction plan and to manage subcontractor activities
- Assure compliance with the suite completion schedule matrix and all critical dates are achieved.
- Ensures project materials are supplied and work is completed in compliance with the Project Quality Program
- Ensures suite construction inspection and deficiency rectification program is implemented and completed prior to PDI
- Ensures that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Responsible for health and safety on the construction site, understanding and enforcing Health and Safety Program and site Safety Plan. Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project. Applies the requirements and promotes the overall compliance of HS&E standards, applicable OH&S acts, regulations and codes with all employees and contractors on the project.
- Can leads trade meetings if the Senior super is absent with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression.
- Contributes to project reporting that accurately tracks site progress to baseline schedule, events, inspections and other relevant information
- Manage and maintain deficiency tracking and completion program. Ensure all suite deficiencies are rectified one week after reported. Maintain an average PDI per suite deficiency count of 8 or less.
- Produce detailed and accurate 3 week look ahead schedules for finishing trades.
- Assist with updating schedules matrix schedules and extra/credit logs
- Completed a detailed daily log and submits for record keeping
Is this role right for you?
- Post-secondary education (College or University) with a specialty in Construction, Engineering or Architecture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational and planning skills with prioritizing and multi-tasking abilities to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Enjoys a fast pace environment and is highly professional