Reporting to the Regional Hospice Program Coordinator, and working as part of the staff team serving Northumberland County; assists in the coordination of a high quality hospice palliative care program, providing case management to clients, family members and caregivers, participates in volunteer recruitment, training, placement, support and evaluation, assists in the development of new programs responsive to client/volunteer needs and assists in the promotion of the program and agency.
Key Areas of responsibility:
- Coordinates the volunteer hospice visiting program within the mandate of the program and the mission of the agency;
- Provides Case Management to clients and their family members/caregivers requiring hospice care;
- Participates in volunteer recruitment, placement, support and evaluation.
- Develops new programs responsive to community needs within Hospice Services;
- Collaborates in the public relations activities of the agency;
Key Competencies Required for this Position:
- Post Secondary Diploma in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year direct or three years related experience.
- Completion of a 30-hour hospice volunteer training course with an accredited hospice organization will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of the hospice philosophy of care and values.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community-based end of life care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervising and supporting volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills in MS office and data bases.
- Group facilitation skills and/or adult education skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Criminal record check with a vulnerable sector screening is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.69 to $22.49 /hour