Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind is looking for a VA, VT or RVT to join our Canine Development Team. This position works Monday 6pm-9pm, Saturday 6pm-9pm and Sundays from 7am-9am and 12pm-3pm. For this position experience with dogs is essential and previous work with puppies and litters is considered an asset. As we are not located on a bus route a valid driver's license, and your own transportation are essential.
-To give general care to puppies, cleaning of the Canine Development Center and surrounding area and cover staff on leave
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the Canine Development Center by washing floors, doors, food bowls, buckets, dog toys etc.
- Relieves and exercises dogs through physical and mental stimulation
- Maintain the safety of the dogs.
- Tube feed and bottle-feed puppies as deemed necessary by the Manager of Canine Development & Care
- Dispose of dog feces
- Washes, dries and folds laundry as needed.
- Collects and disposes of garbage.
- Feeds dogs by following schedule
CGDB is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind has a vaccination requirement. Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their start date.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial/territorial human rights legislation. If the new employee is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be requested and written proof satisfactory to Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind will be required.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Flexible language requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
CGDB requires all team members to wear masks anytime they are working with or near other team members and volunteers.
- Animal husbandry: 2 years (preferred)
- G class license (preferred)