TITLE: CREATIVE DIRECTOR
SALARY: COMPETITIVE SALARY + BONUS + BENEFITS
START DATE: IMMEDIATE
Puff Digitalis a global media brand and agency, focused on the cannabis industry, reaching millions of users monthly and growing! With five owned publications and a network of 30+ publishers, Puff Digital is the fastest growing and trusted cannabis advertising network and full-service agency. Puff Digital offers clients the ability to reach their desired audience and advertise in a highly restrictive and regulated market. In addition, Puff Digital works with licensed producers, helping them go-to-market from inception to launch.
We are looking for a talented and driven Creative Director to join our team at Puff Digital. If you excel in conceptualizing and developing engaging work that drives results for brands, we want to meet you! This role requires exceptional creative skills and a keen interest in mentoring and building a growing team.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- Lead in-house creative design team, creating all internal merchandising, web, app, campaign, social, sponsorship and partnership event creative requirements from concept to production.
- Lead and motivate a team of print, multimedia and digital creators to increase their efficiency while delivering innovative quality creative.
- Co-ordinate and develop ideas and concepts for both internal and external clients in the cannabis space
- Present design concepts and creative content, review work, troubleshoot technical and design issues and provide feedback to the team.
- Art direct and produce brand creative, new and innovative campaigns, photo shoots, advertisements and commercials to help drive both new and current consumer engagement through engaging and relevant experiences.
Does this Describe Your Work Style?
- You’re design-savvy and a big thinker that needs to be part of an innovative and creative team who have a passion for the cannabis industry and bringing it and leading companies to the forefront through compelling and interesting work
- People love working with you because they can count on you, you have an interesting perspective and you are a joy to be around
- You are able to think differently. We know, that’s Apple. But they said it best
- You can manage complete processes, working independently and collaboratively to accomplish a range of complex projects under tight timelines. In fact, you thrive in that environment
- You have Excellent project leadership, time management and organizational skills
- You have a sharp eye for detail. The devil’s in the details as they say
- Problem solving and tackling difficult challenges head-on to find creative solutions excites you
- You are proactive and self-motivated. You’re excited by your work
- A University/college degree or equivalent post-secondary education in Design, Marketing, Advertising or something that’s helped you become the rock-star CD you are
- A strong portfolio showcasing your best work and campaigns. It should include work in print, packaging, digital and motion graphics.
- 4+ years in a design-related position, 2+ years of experience in management
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proficiency with Google’s suite of cloud applications
- Consumer retail marketing experience
- Experience with big consumer brands
- Experience in cannabis an asset
- Experience with lifestyle brands an asset
Job Type: Full-time