Located on the brink of one of the world’s greatest natural wonders, the Marriott on the Falls is a 404 guestroom full service hotel, minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. The Marriott on the Falls also offers sumptuous dining options at its on-site Milestones Fallsview Restaurant along with 23 private function rooms and boardrooms totaling over 40,000 square feet of meeting space including our 8400 sq. ft. Oakes Grand Ballroom with an additional 2700 sq. ft. foyer. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
At Marriott on the Falls, our operations thrive with the commitment of Associates who demonstrate/support the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change, and pursuing excellence.We’re currently seeking an energetic, motivated and professional Conference/Banquet Server to join their team. The ideal candidate is passionate about our brand, providing the highest level of guest service and accommodation as well as thrives on an empowered environment, delivering our service promise. The conference/banquet server goes above and beyond to take care of guests from the presentation of amenities to giving each guest a genuine, personalized experience, while also providing fast, friendly, and efficient service. Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- set up and service of banquet meals according to event orders;
- maintaining clean and organized service areas;
- clearing tables and providing quality service to our guests; responsible to ensure all guests leave with a positive dining experience by providing phenomenal guest experiences resulting in lasting memories for all our guests;
- display professional behaviour, integrity, pride and loyalty to the Hotel and it’s team.
- Must have a genuine hospitality ‘gene’ and the drive.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional composure at all times, regardless of issue, while performing multiple tasks with multiple guests/ items/products.
- Previous demonstrated knowledge and conversational ability in order to provide quality tableside experience.
- Previous Food & Beverage Serving experience is required. In a conference/banquet setting is preferred.
- Outstanding attention to detail – in food and beverage presentation and in personal grooming/appearance along with properly identifying guest’s needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Demonstrated reading comprehension ability (eg. Reading banquet event orders or ability to assist guests in reading of company / local tourism literature in order to increase guest satisfaction during stay/ visit.)
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team setting to anticipate and assist to another server’s guests’ needs.
- Must be self directed and self motivated
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work safely and in compliance with all health, safety, and sanitation standards.
- Smart Serve Certification is required.
- Must be able to work breakfast, lunch and dinner/evening shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to push, pull and move item greater then 20 lbs.
SOME BENEFITS MARRIOTT ON THE FALLS EMPLOYEES ENJOY:
- Complimentary daily staff meal.
- Immediate access to the Friends and Family hotel and dining discounts at any participating Marriott and Starwood brands hotels worldwide.
- Complimentary parking; complimentary bike storage facilities.
- Shower and locker facilities.
- Complimentary Company sponsored events.
- Personalized electronic access to your pay statements and annual T4 statements- accessible from the comfort of your own home, any computer, tablet or smartphone 24 hours per day, 7 days a week via. online.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time