Enjoy working Outdoors?
Utility service provider looking for a Collector in Ajax, Pickering, and Whitby to start asap. Outdoor work, physically demanding. Training and uniforms provided. Must have a reliable vehicle. Paid by Piece Rate. If hired, need to provide a clean Criminal Background Check and clean Drivers Abstract.
Job Duties Include:
- Carry out and adhere to all OlameterCollections processes at all times.
- Accept and complete all daily meter reading assignments/tasks, as deemed reasonable, by OlameterRFM or associated on-site management personnel.
- Upload/download daily route/work assignments (i.e. of handheld data-capture devices) as required to accommodate the Utility’s schedule (if applicable).
- Adhere to all safety-related programs/procedures to ensure a safe working environment for all employees.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner at all times, while exercising common sense.
- Maintain an acceptable level of personal hygiene and be well groomed (i.e. clean uniform, clean-shaven and/or neatly trimmed beards/mustache, etc.) at all times.
- Maintain and adhere to all required Olameterwritten procedures/checklists to ensure efficient, accurate and timely service maintenance.
- Report field hazards/problems and add efficiencies to enhance the quality of services.
- Update and maintain all available handheld fields as required to enhance and ensure Olameter’s quality and quantity of associated services (i.e. notes, meter location, etc.).
- Comply with company procedures/policies pertaining to the use and care of all Olameter/Utility issued equipment and/or property.
- Communicate on a weekly basis, all data as required for timely/accurate payroll/customer invoicing to Olameter’s head office, utilizing applicable Olameterprovided format(s).
- Communicate all issues and concerns directly to the RFM, or associated on-site management personnel, in a timely fashion. Communication with the Utility must be limited to issues as directly related to daily assignments/tasks (i.e. reporting of safety concerns, potential power diversion, can’t read issues, etc.).
- Use and care of all PPE supplied by Olameterreporting any loss or damage of PPE to the RFM
- EUSA and standard First Aid/CPR A certified
- Physically fit with the ability to walk long distances (15-20 kms.) in order to fulfill the daily duties of the job.
- Reliable vehicle, a valid driver’s license with current vehicle insurance.
- Ability to provide a clean Driver’s Abstract and Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- General computer knowledge.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Proven customer relation skills.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary