****Please visit www.trentu.ca/employment to apply for this position. Applications submitted through job boards will not be accepted****
Under the supervision of the Clinical Learning Centre Co-ordinator, the Clinical Learning Centre Assistant will provide daily operational and project support to the Clinical Learning Centre (CLC). Performs a variety of clerical and technical duties related to the operation of the CLC, including receiving and processing inventory, setup and take down active learning sessions including preparing mannequins and lab equipment.
1. Assist in daily operations by:
- Set up and take down of CLC learning activity supplies and equipment
- Inventory records: consumables and equipment
- CPR mannequins maintenance
- Training AED’s
- Provides guidance to TWSP student employees
- Supports CLC staff in the operations of lab equipment including human patient simulators
2. Creates, organizes and maintains electronic copies of inventory supplies
Supplies and Equipment;
- Receives and processes inventory consumables
- Schedules regular maintenance and preventative maintenance of CLC equipment; such as battery check for mannequins, software updates for SIM-pads, CAE, and Gaumard mannequins. Works with IT to have computers serviced as needed.
- Acts as contact for daily TSWP student employees.
- Communicates challenges and strengths of implementing innovative technology into the CLC activities.
- Other related duties as assigned which do not account for more than 5% of the total duties.
Secondary School Diploma.
- Ability to organize and establish priorities, particularly during periods of heavy workload.
- Experience in word processing and the use of on-line computer systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written skills with ability to interact well in a positive manner, using tact and diplomacy, with students, faculty and the community
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, to use good judgment, to work independently and as a team member in a complex and multi-faceted work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality
Job Type: Part-time