We are seeking a Arborist Crew Leader that is pro-active and self-motivated to join our For Trees Family. Someone that shares our desire to create beauty, maintain tree health and care for our environment and community.
Due to the steady increase in our business and local market share, we are looking for a new Crew Leader and Climbing Arborists.
What's in it for the right hire
- We offer superior wages and with a lower cost of living in rural Alberta, with no sales tax and no Health Insurance premiums to pay
- Compensation for the Crew Leader: $28-$35, Climbing Arborist $22-28 - Full-time work year-round
- We are a close-knit company of loyal, family-oriented people who are all dedicated professionals and qualified in the trade.
- We hold our Certificate of Recognition for our Safety Program and the safety of our workers and customers is of paramount importance.
Local real-estate and rent is more affordable than the city, and there are many acreages for rent around town that would allow for having horses and animals, if that is your interest. Working in sunny Central Alberta gives you access to some of the bluest skies, clear lakes and rivers around and the cleanest air left on Earth. We are also just an hour from the Rocky Mountains and just a little farther to Banff or Jasper National Parks.
Excellent schools, a golf course, an arena and aquatic center and a hospital right in Town make this great, vibrant community to relocate to! Didsbury is located just 15 minutes from the Town of Olds and the Olds College, 45 minutes from either of the two cities of Calgary and Red Deer, and 1.75 hours from Edmonton.
We service a large area, from North of Red Deer to south of Calgary, and from border to border, so work is always varied and different and never boring.
What we’re looking for
- List preferred licenses / certifications, International Society of Arboriculture Arborist or Tree Worker Certification or equivalent or related Provincial Trade Certification, for example, Utility Tree Trimmer or Journeyman Arborist, Journeyman Landscape Horticulturist, Tree Risk Assessment Qualified (TRAQ)
- Pro-active and self-motivated team leader.
- Experience: Min 3 years, in residential or commercial tree work settings. Also opportunities for entry level workers with training.
- Must work well as part of a team, able to lead and teach others.
- Willing to teach, train and encourage others.
- Consultations, Scheduling Cliental, Public relations with the community, Customer service and Sales.
What you'll be doing
- Working for various municipalities in Central Alberta, pruning street, park and amenity trees. Tree removals. Working on farms, acreages, ranches doing landscape trees, shelterbelts and recreational property trees. School boards, and many different home and property owners.
- You will operate an International 7300 Aerial Forestry truck with an Altec LRV-58 and Vermeer wood chipper.
- Self-managing the arbor-care crew
- Working with Landscape & Nursery crews
- Air brakes endorsement or willingness to obtain.
- Clean Driver’s License.
- CAT 277C Skid steer and Vermeer mini-skid steer with stump-grinding attachments.
- Able to climb trees safely and dismantle them safely using a climbing harness, ropes and rigging, and of course, chainsaws.
We are looking for someone who is able to train and teach others, with leadership abilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$35.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Arborist: 3 years (Preferred)
- Drivers/ Q endorsement (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place