Title: Associate Relations Specialist
Reports To: Associate Relations Supervisor
Location: 9 Napoleon Road
Job Purpose: Under general direction, this is professional and administrative work assisting in Associate relations activities, performance management, and administering policies and procedures. Investigates Associate complaints and grievances. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Support and assist management in areas that involve associate performance and discipline
- Acts as liaison between employee and management to answer questions or concerns regarding company policies, practices and regulations.
- Assists in conducting timely investigations, compile and organize documentation
- Process, verify and maintain documentation relating to HR activities such as employee relations, discipline and performance evaluations.
- Assist in planning special events and contribute to the Social Committee
- Collect and analyze human resources data; track trends and developments in employee analyses
- Assist in special projects as required
- Oversee perfect attendance program and awards
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the Associate Relations team and services performed.
Education & Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Human Resources or a relevant field of study.
- Three – five (3 – 5) years' experience working in Human Resources with a focus on Associate Relations.
- Preference for CHRP designation. Consideration will be given to those working towards their Professional Designation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of an HRIS system is considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of current legislation is paramount.
- Strong communication skills, including negotiation and mediation.
- Best suited to HR practitioners with a positive approach who will be less likely to adopt a defensive or argumentative approach to dispute resolution.
Job Type: Full-time
- Labour Relations: 3 years (Preferred)
- Labour Laws: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)